Blepharitis is an inflammatory condition affecting the eyelids and the skin surrounding the eyes. The general symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and irritation. There may be crusting or flaking at the corners of the eye. Cysts sometimes form at the lid margins. People with Blepharitis commonly suffer from styes, as well.
Blepharitis can moreover cause other conditions that are more serious than the blepharitis itself. One of the conditions that can be caused by blepharitis is a sty. These are lumps that are in the eyelid and can be in moreover the top or lower eyelid. It can be an extremely painful condition. It can as well irritate the cornea, which is the front covering of the eye and helps the eye to focus. Another condition that can be caused by blepharitis is conjunctivitis. This is an infection of the outer layer of the eye and can be very contagious.
Symptoms of Blepharitis
Common Symptoms of Blepharitis irritating infection include burning, teary eyes, itchy eyes, and redness in and around the eye, flaking and crusting and/or the feeling of having something in your eye that should not be there. In different cases, once you have Blepharitis, you may also find that you contracted pink eye.
The major Symptoms of Blepharitis include:
- Red rimmed eyelids
- Sore and gritty eye
- Bloodshot eyes
- Sensitive to light
- Watery Eyes
- Greasy eye lid appearance
- Abnormal eyelash growth
These Symptoms of Blepharitis tend to not get better unless the patient follows an exact treatment regime. Blepharitis also required ongoing treatment even once the symptoms have improved or have been get rid of altogether – otherwise a patient will run the risk of it developing again. Not treating blepharitis in the correct manner can effect in thickened eyelid margins and scaring of the cornea.
Natural Remedies for Blepharitis
Various conventional treatments contain artificial solutions or are prescribed by a doctor. With the limited number of conventional treatment options available for blepharitis, many people turn instead to natural, herbal and home remedies. However, there are several Natural Remedies for Blepharitis that can ease the symptoms and help to rid the body of blepharitis.
- Avoid harsh cleansing agents, they will only disturb and irritate the eyes further causing more soreness and damage to the skin around the eyelid.
- Use heat to warm up the eyelids and free any blockages in the oil glands.
- Replace all contaminated makeup products to prevent re occurrence of blepharitis.
- Use PH balanced cleansers two times a day one time in the morning and one time at night. Make sure you are gentle, using a circular motion as opposed to scrubbing away at the eyelid.
- Wash your face at night before going to bed and make sure that your eyelids and eyelashes are clean.
- Eat a healthy diet of fresh fish and supplement with Omega 3 which will keep your eyes in good health.
- Even one time your blepharitis clears up, continue treatment. Blepharitis need continually care as it’s a constant problem.
- After using heat to clear any debris and blockages, massage the eyes to get the Natural Essential oils to mix with the tear film.
- Never ever pop a sty or try to pop a cyst as the fluid released can spread the infection more
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep in a day. This allows the body time to heal and gives your eyes a good rest!
- Avoid air condition as this can dry your eyes out and cause more disruption to your tear film.
- Though you may feel like you look a vampire, and can’t face another day looking like you have not slept in 5 years – it’s not as obvious as you think. Remain positive and continue the fight against this pesky problem.
- Avoid rubbing or touching your eyes during the day – this will only make your blepharitis worse. If your eyes are feeling generally gritty, simply wash your eyelids with cold water.
Here is the list of natural remedies and Natural Treatment for Blepharitis that you should use in order to cure the symptoms of Blepharitis. Thanks to the Nature that provides use a lot of Blepharitis Natural Treatment of the problem. Home remedies and natural cures which can help you to improve your condition naturally.
By : Herbal Care Products