Costochondritis Chest Pain
Costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage that joins together your rib bone and sternum. Once the inflammation starts, the pain can be very painful and can even limit the amount of activities that you can do in a day.
Costochondritis is a benign condition that is self-limiting and can be resolved with a few treatment modalities. Once you feel the pain of costochondritis, you must take a rest and try to quiet down your breathing.
Home Care Routine for Chostocondritis
Herbal Treatment for Costochondritis of chest wall pain are commonly directed either towards the costochondritis causes if possible. If not, a symptomatic approach is done, which means that the doctor is concerned with helping you lessen the pain and discomfort.
Herbal Remedies for Costochondritis can help lessening the pain and reduce the inflammation. There are ways to help you reduce the severity of costochondritis pain. Rest is important to help calm your body down and also comfort your breathing.
Another costochondritis treatment that you can do is applying hot packs on the painful area. Apply them some times a day, particularly before doing any activity that will cause costochondritis. Be sure to be careful in applying hot packs for you can burn yourself if they are too hot, or if they are left on the area for too long.
Relieving Chest Pain Due to Anxiety
You can apply many home remedies to reduce or get rid of chest pain caused by anxiety. As anxiety is the main culprit, so your first priority should be getting rid of anxiety and soon your chest pain will diminish and you will start feeling better.
Self-help for Costochondritis
Costochondritis can be serious by any activity that places stress on your chest area, for example strenuous exercise or even simple movements like reaching up to a high cupboard.
- Any activity that makes the pain in your chest area worse must be avoided until the inflammation in your ribs and cartilage has improved.
- You may as well find it soothing to on a regular basis apply heat to the painful area, for example using a cloth or flannel that’s been warmed with hot water.
A Helpful Herb
Arnica may be a helpful herb in treating your costochondritis, due to its ability to lessen inflammation and treat pain. Arnica is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that is used in treating a extensive variety of musculoskeletal problems. This herb may be helpful in treating pain in your joints, muscles, ligaments and other soft tissues. Numerous parts of the arnica plant contain flavonoids and essential oils that are used in herbal medicines.
Safety Tips for Hot and Cold Therapy
If you use hot or cold therapy incorrectly, you can hurt your skin and make your condition even worse. It’s important to know when to use them, and which one to use. Here are some common safety tips to avoid harm when using also of these therapies:
- Don’t apply the treatment for more than 20 minutes
- Don’t apply hot or cold treatments directly on your skin. Use a towel to avoid freezing or burning your skin.
- Use a comfortable temperature; don’t apply anything too hot or too cold to your skin. Stop if you’re in pain.
- Wait for your skin to regain its normal temperature before applying more treatment.
- Don’t apply heat or cold therapy on an open wound.
Tips for Hot Therapy
These safety tips apply only for hot therapy:
- Don’t apply heat to bruises or swelling.
- Don’t apply heat on an inflamed spot, the inflammation will get worse.
Tips for Cold Therapy
These safety tips apply only for cold therapy:
- Don’t use ice on stiff and tight muscles or the pain will be aggravated.
- Make sure to check the skin while applying ice treatment, preferably every 5 minutes. Check for any blisters, redness, or any sign of skin damage.
Unless you already have a confirmed diagnosis, costochondritis pain should not be diagnosed or treated at home. Seek emergency evaluation for chest pain and other symptoms of costochondritis. Symptoms may simply be mistaken for a heart attack.
If your pain changes, gets more severe or does not respond to treatment, contact your doctor.
Numerous Herbal Supplements for Costochondritis can interact with common treatments for the condition. Always work with a healthcare professional to get the right balance of natural and medical therapies for you.
If the pain is very intense, you can ask for doctor to prescribe pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs. Over the counter Herbal Product for Costochondritis may also help if the pain is strong but not too severe.