Tinea Versicolor is also called Pityriasis Versicolor and is a chronic, long term fungal skin infection that causes discolored, rough patches of skin on the body and can affect people of all races and ages. These sometimes itchy, patches are circular and can be red, pink, white or brown depending on your skin tone and are generally found on the stomach, back, chest, arms and legs. Tinea Versicolor is not contagious but it is a general and reoccurring topical yeast infection, particularly in hot climates and is difficult to get rid of unless it is treated correctly. A dermatologist can diagnose it by a visual exam, scraping a sample of it or using a special light to see the color of the infected skin.
When the yeast grows uncontrollably, the skin infection or rash build up as a result. Many things may contribute to this uncontrollable growth, for example oily skin, frequent sweating, living in a hot climate, and having a weakened immune system. In most cases, teens and young adults are much more probable to develop this infection. The infection can build up in people of any skin color.
Symptoms of Tinea Versicolor
The main Symptoms of Tinea Versicolor is scaly spots or scraps on the skin. These patches are sometimes lighter, or sometimes darker, than the skin around them. Tinea versicolor patches happen most commonly on the shoulders and trunk, but can come out anywhere on the body. Sometimes patches show up on the neck, abdomen, or face. The patches frequently have sharp borders or edges, and they don’t darken in the sun.
Discolored patches of skin are the most obvious symptom of tinea versicolor, and these patches generally show up on the arms, chest, neck, or back. These patches may be:
- Pink, red, tan, or brown
- Dry, itchy, and scaly
- More prominent with tanning
- Prone to disappear in cooler, less humid weather
- Lighter (more common) or darker than the surrounding skin
Natural Remedies for Tinea Versicolor
Tinea Versicolor is not contagious, but the infection can make yourself feel less and less confident, inflict emotional distress and slowly you will become self-conscious.
Here are the most efficient Natural Remedies for Tinea Versicolor which can assist you in speeding up the disappearance of this infection as well as restore your beautiful skin back to how it is in the first place. Apply these Home Remedies for Tinea Versicolor, and you will see how fast it is to get rid of this problem!
The best Natural Treatment for Tinea Versicolor is using natural home remedies that have being proven over time to clear up Tinea Versicolor both internally and externally. In fact it has no side effects.
Tea Tree Oil
- 7 drops of Tea Tree oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Mix 7 drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Apply the combination to the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 30 to 60 minutes before washing it off.
- Apply some extra-virgin Coconut oil on the affected areas.
- Allow it to dry on its own.
- A further option is to mix 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil and 5 or 6 drops of cinnamon oil.
- Apply it on the affected skin.
- Wait 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
Ginger and Lemon
- Get ready a fresh ginger and a few drops of lemon juice
- Wash and crush ginger, add lemon juice, then heat them up
- Let this mixture cool down, clean the area of the affected skin and then use a cotton swab to apply this solution into these areas
- After 10-15 minutes, rinse affected skin areas with water and dry it with a clean towel
Ginger and Vinegar
- Prepare a fresh ginger and 100ml of vinegar
- Wash and crush ginger, after that add vinegar and stir well
- After about 8 hours you can utilize ginger that has been soaked with vinegar to apply to the affected area
- After 10-15 minutes, wash affected skin areas with water and dry it with a clean towel
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Mix 10 drops each one of Patchouli Essential oil, lavender oil, tea tree oil, clove oil with 5-8 drops of Peppermint oil optional
- Then, put 30 drops of carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil
- Pour the combination into a 10ml roller bottle and shake well
- Roll the bottle onto your affected areas 3 times per day
- Repeat this routine up to 1 week to get good results
- Mix oregano oil with the same quantity of olive oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the oil.
- After about 30 minutes, cleanse with warm water.
- Perform one time per day for couples of week.
- Another option is taking oregano supplementary tablets after consulting the doctor.
- Extract the juice from turmeric and put about four teaspoons of the liquid into a large water bottle. After showering or a bath, pour the solution into the affected skin.
- Take some turmeric powder with equal quantity of sandalwood powder and mix with water to create a paste. Put the dough on the affected skin. After about 30 minutes, cleanse with showering or a bath.
- Perform once per day until there are positive changes.
- Take some Indian lilac Herbs for Tinea Versicolor into 2 cups of hot boiling water for about 10 minutes. After that, have them strained and cooled down. Then clean the affected skin using that water.
- Do this 2 to 3 times per day for few of weeks.
- Crush some Indian lilac with water to make a paste. Put this paste onto the affected skin and let the paste dry. After that, rinse it off. Perform one time per day for few of weeks.
- Mix the oil extracted from Indian lilac with moreover coconut or olive oil, and then applying using a cotton ball. Perform two times per day for few of weeks.
These natural home remedies can really make much difference in your skin and also help you get rid of tinea versicolor permanently without pain and stress. Tinea Versicolor Herbal Treatment can help address both internal and external causes of the infection which prevents any recurrence.
By : Herbal Care Products